The use of the Mistreatment Index (MIST) are subject to the following conditions:
1. Use of the Mistreatment Index (MIST) by not-for-profit/academic organizations, health care providers, and health care institutions is free of charge.
2. Modifications or adaptations to the Mistreatment Index (MIST) must (i) be approved by the copyright holder and (ii) must cite the original tool (SEE ITEM 5).
3. Use of the Mistreatment Index (MIST) or any derivative in whole or in part thereof by for-profit organizations or by any organization or individual for a commercial purpose or for monetary gain (e.g., use in training courses, consultation) is strictly prohibited without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
4. Distribution of the Mistreatment Index (MIST) is permitted (e.g., web links, sharing of the tool with others) for not-for-profit research or educational purposes.
5. Use and/or modifications of the Mistreatment Index (MIST) requires citing the original tool:
Vedam, S., Stoll, K., Taiwo, T. K., Rubashkin, N., Cheyney, M., Strauss, N., . . . & the GVtM-US Steering Council. (2019). “The Giving Voice to Mothers study: Inequity and mistreatment during pregnancy and childbirth in the United States”. Reproductive Health, June 11, 1-18.https://reproductive-health-journal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12978-019-0729-2.